Friday, March 21, 2008

Cuddle Time

Yes, cuddle time. Yesterday I logged on in Stormwind and... how lucky am I? Traenei was standing right behind me giving me hugs. Aw, cuddle time. And cuddle we did. And then... things started happening. People NOTICED the dog and the cat all cuddled up. And commented. A lot. We definitely drew a crowd of onlookers. Some comments were appreciative, some not so much. We were heckled and things were not so cozy as people tried to cope with the interspecies cuddles. (We had some real freakouts at one point when we turned into caster form and people saw that both toons were... male. LOL.) So we, obviously being of greater wit by far, heckled back until receded from the scene. Listra came along and lent her support, comeraderie and generally made things better immensely. T built a cozy fire.
And then... different things started happening. Listra hopped on her Dru and laid down with us.
Then we were joined, mind you we made NO invitation, by just random toons. Laying down. In the streets of Stormwind. With us.
I think at my highest count there were five toons outside of us three who were laying down and cuddling with us. It was fascinating, bizarre behavior. They even took ownership of cuddle time in their own way, inviting people on trade to come cuddle.
Which, of course, was our cue to leave. I mean, how cozy is it when the whole world is invited? Cuddle time had run its course. But I surely miss it now that it's over. T puts off tremendous cuddle magnetism, you know. The whole thing has stayed with me, though, and still is a puzzle to me. What drew people invest part of their $15/mo. to stop and watch us, to mock us, to join us in a bizarre monkey-see-monkey-do-fest? I don't know. But clearly, clearly, cuddle time GOT to people. In the constant violence of World of Warcraft, something as simple and sweet as a little cuddle was striking on a large scale. Thanks for the cuddles T and Listra and whoever else you are out there in Duskwood. Thanks for the love.

No comments: