"Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof" - Richard Bach
So here I am, the prodigal Syll. First I left the guild to try a raiding guild, thinking that I would find more of the fun we had in our Kara runs, but finding many more runs and much, MUCH less fun. Then I left the game altogether because of some personal pressures at home. Much, MUCH less fun than even the raiding guild, I must say. Then after much negotiation at home I was able to comfortably reinstall WOW (holy cats, as Bricco would say! What an awful process that was, especially getting my addons and interface back up. bleh!). Then after just a bit of diplomacy with the raiding guild muckety mucks I quit them as soon as I could and came back home to Solidarity. HOORAY!!! Because, the thing was, when WOW wasn't on my computer it wasn't questing I missed or healing or instancing or raiding. Well, I did miss those things, but more specifically what I missed terribly was doing those things with YOU!!! It really came as something of a surprise to me how heartsick I was to not be able to check in with you all. Here is a definitely abbreviated list of things I was longing for the whole time I was gone:
1) Hearing Bricco say "Yaaaaay!!!"
2) Cuddling T
3) Laughing as everyone stole Crow's lines
4) Hearing Crow say his lines better than anyone else
5) Everyone's whoops of excitement after downing bosses
6) Chit-chatting with Listra about our sexy guild boys
7) seeing my screen light up with purple tells as soon as I logged on
8) Hearing Duh say "yup YUP"
9) listening to Mc work through boss strategies with such easy assurance
10) laughing and chatting with War and Flappy... er... Pansie and everyone else in guild chat
There are many, many other little things that I missed. But more than anything else I missed the people. I missed my friends. I worried endlessly that I'd lose touch with you all (thank you for the emails!!!!!) and that I'd lose our friendships. I cried. A lot. Yep. QQ-festival.
So where am I going with this, you ask? Very astute question! I just want to express how grateful I am to be back, how much you all mean to me, how much I treasure you, and how much better my life is with you in it. Is it just a game? Well, yes. But no. As Humbah said to me in an email when I was offline, the game gets you started, but it's the people that keep you coming back. So to you, my WOW family, I send out my love and appreciation. Just wanted to tell you... it's good to be home.